Thursday 27 March 2008

The countdown has begun, and every waking minute is devoted to organising , cleaning and generally preparing for the forthcoming expedition. I had the last of my jabs today including rabies and hepatitis B, interestingly in the surgery waiting room was a 2006 National Geographic magazine with a fascinating article about ANTS, written and photographed by Mark W Moffett. Many of the shots were taken in Ecuador, and the variety of forms and behaviour is unbelievable.

I had a lucky break last tuesday morning, as I had dicovered that my HD video camera lens was damaged and unusable. I drove straight to JVC headquarters in Neasden, and was surprised to find it a secure site, which needed a prior appointment, luckily I remembered the name of the chief engineer, so when I asked on the phone I was met at the gate by Voz, who took me into their repair area and promptly gave me a coffee. Here he confirmed that my lens was kaput, and it needed repair. He gave me the number of a company called Pyser SGI at Edenbridge in Kent, I set off straight away having on the way a delicious Italian coffee and Panini in Oxted. When I arrived Chris Powell told me I needed a part from Germany which he immediately ordered over the phone, it is now two days later and the repair is complete and the lens will hopefully be delivered tomorrow - that what I call service.

No comments: